Think you have the script that will get you a free spot in the 2019 London Fringe? Read on:
First Place Winner will receive the following:
- A free spot in the 2019 London Fringe Festival, May 28 to June 8, 2019, for the winning play. This prize has no cash value and can’t be sold or transferred to another party. The winning playwright will abide by all the policies of the London Fringe Festival.
What this means…
What the Fringe provides:
- Inclusion in all Fringe publicity: our program, on our website, and overall event publicity. A detailed questionnaire will be sent to you in early 2019.
- Your venue equipped with basic sound and lighting and one technician.
- House management, ticketing, and box office volunteers.
- Your schedule of 6 performance times.
What the winner is responsible for:
- Producing their show! This includes casting, rehearsing, gathering props, costumes needed, etc., as well as meeting all regular Fringe deadlines as assigned.
- Recognition of the London Fringe on all of their festival materials (program, posters, brochure, press releases, website, etc.)
- A short wrap-up summary report on the contest, production and festival experience.
Second Place Winner will receive $250.00.
Third Place Winner will receive $100.00.
The winning playwrights will be announced at the London Fringe lottery on November 7, 2018.
Call (519) 434-0606 or email email@example.com for any questions.
The Fine Print:
Rules & Regulations:
Deadline is Thursday, October 25, 2018 4:00pm (EST).
- Open to all playwrights/writers who are permanent residents of Canada.
- Only one entry per playwright is permitted.
- All entries must be original, unproduced plays/musicals. Plays that have been workshopped are eligible.
- Stage adaptations of other work from another medium are not eligible.
- The playwright may have received funding to create or workshop this play.
- All plays must have a performance time of 60 minutes or less. There is no page limit.
- Playwrights who enter the 2019 London Fringe New Play Contest may also enter the 2019 London Fringe Festival Lottery. If the winning playwright of the contest has entered the lottery, their application will be removed from the lottery draw. Their $30.00 application fee will not be refunded.
- The winning playwright must use their 2019 London Fringe Festival performance slot to produce the play that was submitted to the New Play Contest.
- Plays must be submitted in English.
- Scripts must be type written or word processed, printed on one side of 8.5” x 11” paper using a minimum of 12 pt. font. Pages must be numbered and scripts should be loose of paper clipped (not stapled or bound). There is no page limit.
- Emailed submissions must be either a .pdf or .doc format (Microsoft Word or compatible).
- Each play must have a title page bearing only the play title. Playwrights must not include their name in any footer/header. The Fringe will assign the play a number, which will keep the names of the playwrights anonymous for the jury.
- Complete the form: https://form.jotform.com/82414223269252
- Remit your $30.00 Reading Fee (link is in the form)
- Upload your Script. to the form.